LET'S TEACH our kids about patriotism and creativity. It's that simple! With this patriotic bike parade we hope to do just that. I hope you'll make plans to attend. We've been doing it since 2004!
Community Action Team (CAT)
Please Support CAT - Justin's 501c3 Nonprofit
RIGHT NOW, while the need is in your mind, won't you please donate? We receive no government monies, and depend entirely on people like you.
CHECKS to CAT, Attn. Justin Rudd, 5209 E. The Toledo #1, Long Beach, CA 90803.
THE MAIN PURPOSE of the Community Action Team (CAT) is to promote social well-being among the general public. As a 501c3 nonprofit corporation governed by a board of directors, contributions to CAT are tax deductible and are used to help produce quality events within our community that benefit children, animals, and the environment.
C.A.T. IS AN UMBRELLA organization that includes:
• 30-Minute Beach Cleanup
• Belmont Shore Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest
• Bulldog Beauty Contest
• Camp Justin!
• Great American 4th of July Kids Bike Parade
• Halloween Kids' Costume Contest
• Haute Dog Contests
• Haute Dog Howl'oween Parade
• Haute Dog Poetry Contest
• Interfaith Blessing of the Animals
• Joy to the World! Christmas concert
• Long Beach Bake-Off
• Long Beach Christmas Cookie Contest
• Long Beach Father/Daughter Dance
• Long Beach Giving Project
• Long Beach Heroes awards
• Long Beach Losers
• Long Beach Mom Prom
• Long Beach Polar Splash!
• Long Beach Touch-A-Truck
• Long Beach Turkey Trot 5K/10K
• Miss Long Beach Pageant
• National Adult Spelling Bee
• National Kids Spelling Bee
• Operation Easter Basket
• Operation Santa Paws
• Red High Heels Walk
• Roses Are Red… poetry contest
• Say Cheese Long Beach! photo contest
• Southern California Beard & Mustache Championship
g Justin's Free e-Newsletters 4DOG e-News Weekly; Long Beach/LA/OC area dog news & events; 12,800+ subscribers click to subscribe
13th annual: MORE THAN 500 kids expected in Justin Rudd's "Great American 4th of July Kids' Bike Parade" presented by Rudd's nonprofit 501c3 "Community Action Team (CAT)." The 2016 Parade will be Monday, July 4, 10 a.m., 1 Granada Ave. @ Ocean Blvd. Free to enter and spectate.
NEW: We're adding a 4th of July 5K run/walk at 8:30 and a Kids 1/2-mile run at 9:15 a.m., just before the 10 a.m. kids bike parade. Registration opens here about a month before the run. Inaugural run entry fee is just $20/adults and $10/kids, and both include an event shirt.
Free parking at 1 Granada Ave. during the parade.
Entrants: when you arrive on July 4,
1. put your bike in the parade lineup first (in the parking lot)
2. get your entry number from a volunteer when you sign-in (volunteers will meet/greet you in the lineup for this)
3. parade begins at 10 a.m. sharp
4. After the parade, stay for the patriotic costume contest and bike parade awards ceremony (listed below)
WE'LL WELCOME the winner of CAT's 2016 National Anthem Singing Contest. They will sing at 10 a.m. (just before the parade's start).
ADDED CONTESTS The contests below are free for all kids age 12 and younger and will take place after the parade. There are no age categories.
• patriotic speech contest
• patriotic costume contest
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
Will you share the above link with your Facebook friends now?
Miss Teen Long Beach
Miss Long Beach
Mrs. Long Beach
Miss Teen Southern California Cities
Miss Southern California Cities
Mrs. Southern California Cities
SPECTATORS Free to spectate. The out-and-back, two-mile parade route travels east along the bike path and continues down Bay Shore Avenue to Second Street. Bring a chair and a cheering section for these youngsters.